Ever wonder how much activity goes on in social networks? Here’s a handy graphic that tells a very compelling story. In just 60 seconds:
- 20,000+ new posts are created on Tumblr
- 13,000+ hours of music are streamed on Pandora
- 600+ new videos are uploaded on YouTube
- 370,000+ minutes of voice calls take place on Skype
- 695,000+ status updates happen on Facebook
- 98,000+ updates are posted on Twitter
I expect these numbers to increase 3-4 fold over the coming year as social media gains usage across untapped geographies, mobile devices and newcomers. The adoption curve for social media is quickly becoming steeper and steeper, creating opportunities to disrupt and innovate.